For starting an online business, the first thing you need is website and to make that website available to your potential customer you need web hosting.
To make it simple for you to host a website and store web files, you need to take service of Web Hosting Provider.
Now that we know how important web hosting is, let us give you a simple definition to the question, what is web hosting? Web hosting is like an enormous storehouse online provided by Web Hosting Companies where businesses use their hosting space (on special computers) called servers to store their websites so that the websites can be accessed easily by them and other internet users.
DIFFERENT SERVER TYPES:
There are quite a few server types depending on what kind of website and what services you provide online. Some of the most popular types of servers are:
1.) Web Server: This is a server that carries web pages. Every web server has an IP address and a domain name.
2.) E-mail Server: This type of server is mostly used by corporates to send and receive a huge number of e-mails on a daily basis and requires a robust server infrastructure.
3.) Database server: The back-end of a website is called a Database server.
4.) Application Server: This server connects the database servers and end-users.
5.) Virtual Private Server: This type of server is cost-effective and has revolutionized and also replaced the bare-metal server. Click here to get your website on a Virtual Private Server.
TYPES OF WEB HOSTING:
There are quite a few types of web hosting, some are mentioned below:
1. Shared Hosting: This hosting store’s many websites in, on one shared server. This server is great for businesses with a limited budget, no technical skills or knowledge required. This hosting saves overhead and running costs of a business.
2. VPS Hosting: Hosting which uses a virtual private server to store websites of a business. It provides freedom and financial flexibility to a business without any physical liabilities.
3. Dedicated Server Hosting: This hosting enables a business to rent a server and have exclusive control of the server.
4. Managed Hosting: This hosting involves hardware, applications, OS management and technical assistance from the Hosting Providers.
5. Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting is where the host provides many services through many remote or virtual servers.
6. Diverse location Hosting: This hosting involves servers in diverse geographical locations. This is also known as ‘Geo-location Hosting’.
HOW DOES WEB HOSTING WORK?
1. You host your website on a web hosting service provider
2. You can also have your own domain name or ask the hosting company to create one for a fee.
3. Now your website is hosted with a domain name or website address (example: https://www.alphainfolab.com).
4. Visitors can now access your website by typing in your website address in the browser.
5. When the visitor types your address, their computer connects with the server on which your website is hosted.
6. The host server will then serve or send your website files which the user wants to view.
Now that you are aware of the host concepts and know almost everything about web hosting,
So with the benefits of it, your online business website will get ready to be viewed by users on the internet.
Though web hosting looks complicated, building your website on a strong hosting infrastructure with Alpha VBox is simple and affordable, contact our Web Hosting experts for the best-customized solution for your business requirement.