Celebrate Mahashivratri 2021
The significance of Mahashivratri 2021 is celebrated all over the world by Hindus. It marks the culmination of marriage between Lord Shiva and Parvati. According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva is the energy that helps us breathe, live, walk, etc. His energy also resides in all living beings and non-living things. Mahashivratri reminds us that the basis of all life on Earth is because of Lord Shiva and we need to connect with this energy.
Apart from the sacred union of Lord Shiva (Shiva) and Parvati (Shakti) in marriage, there are a few more legends of why people celebrate Mahashivratri 2021, some of them are as follows:
- Shiva saved mankind and the Gods from destruction by consuming poison. This happened when a war between God and demons took place to obtain ambrosia (food of God’s) which brought floods in the ocean. Poison emerged from the waters, and Shiva drank the poison, to stop the war and he turned blue as the poison got lodged in his throat.
- Another legend has it that to stop the full force of Goddess Ganga from heaven on the Earth, Lord Shiva caught her in his hair and released her in streams of the river. Thus, saving Earth from destruction.
- One more legend goes this way, God Shivadashi (the formless God) came to Earth in the night in the form of Lingodhbhav statue at night, and hence people stay up till late at night to offer prayers to Gods.
What do believers do on Mahashivratri?
Celebrate Mahashivratri 2021
Hindus celebrate Mahashivratri by observing fast (to detoxify the body), meditate (stay awake and meditate), attend Rudra puja (also known as Mahashivratri puja), chant ‘Om Na-mah- shi-va-ya’ (Om means peace and love, Na means Earth, Ma means Water, Shi means fire, Va means air and Ya means water) and pray to the Shivalinga (leaves of Bel tree are offered on this day to bring peace and freedom to their lives).
So, on Mahashivratri 2021 if you decide to fast, also fast from evil thoughts, company, and words. Commune with the almighty by controlling your desires and temptations and purify your body, mind, and soul.
The scientific reason for fasting all night:
There is also a scientific reason to fast all night on Mahashivratri. The earth is positioned in such a way that there is a boost of energy that human beings can receive. When you sit still to meditate and fast all night you are in sync with nature and receive spirituality.
So, we wish everyone a Happy Mahashivratrti 2021 and attain spirituality, peace, and freedom.
Alphainfolab is located in India and it is a certified Internet marketing company that specializes in:
- Digital marketing services
- Manages IT support & services
- Best bulk email service provider
- Best affiliate marketing services
- IPv4 and IPv6 services
Our aim to provide 100% customer satisfaction with the help of our perfect products, services, and solutions.