In Digital Marketing, fundamentals are same for any business, whether it is a small startup or a huge brand. It’s just that you either scale up or scale down the strategies depending on the size and budget of a company. The fundamentals of digital marketing are important and are the foundation to developing a digital marketing strategy, because you need to know who your target audience is and which digital tools will help you reach them.
Marketing or even Digital Marketing revolves around the 4 Ps and 4 Cs.
4 Ps – Product, Price, Promotion and Place.
4 Cs – Clarity, Credibility, Consistency, Competitiveness.
When you have the 4 Ps and 4 Cs figured out, then all you need to do is to create an effective digital marketing strategy.
How to develop effective digital marketing strategy?
- Know your Customer: You may have often filled the KYC forms in the bank. The KYC or Know your customer forms help the bank to get the correct and latest personal information of their customers. This will help them target financial products based on your age, gender, email address, and phone number. In the same way, it is important to know your customer as a business to know which age group they fall into, their interests, location etc.
- Know your competitors: When you know who your competitors are and how they are doing business, then it gives you an edge over them. For example, you recently came to know through a client that a competitor approached you with a very sweet deal, and they are considering leaving you. So, find out what the sweet deal is, and how you can match them and get your customer to stay with you. Did your competitors hire internet marketing and SEO services? Do they have a new product? It is always good to be one step ahead of your competitors by hiring IT professional and digital marketing services.
- Network with collaborators: Another important aspect of effective strategyis to have a good support system going for your business, meaning take care of your collaborators. Your network system like employees, suppliers, support staff etc. must be strong and ongoing to keep your business on the right track.
- Create Value for your customer: Your customer is the ultimate price for your business. When you win over your customer and provide high-quality service or product that adds value to their lifestyle or life, they will come back time and again to buy only from you. Think of it as your favourite clothing brand, why do you only buy those brand shirts? Is it a salesperson who is very friendly at the shop? Is it the value for money clothing? Are the offers irresistible? Is the product your own identity now? Yes, that kind of value needs to be created for your customer. Does your product do that to your customer, what the shirt brand does for you? Ask such questions and see where you get to.
- Your business or brand recognition: The last but not the least aspect of your strategy must include your brand recognition rating. Conduct a small survey among your existing customers, to ask if your friends know about your brand, if they don’t that means, your brand awareness is missing. So, don’t be disheartened, you are on the right track. You will have to work a little harder to get there, but with these digital marketing fundamentals at your hand, you’re on a good road from implementing strategy to enjoying ROI (return on investment).
Online Marketing Strategies for Startups to Brands:
Like we said earlier that regardless of the size or age of your business, digital marketing strategy for startups and a brand can be the same, you just need to scale up or scale down accordingly.
- Website and App Optimization: The first and foremost point to note is if your website is optimized for search engines. If you are not sure how to go about it, then you can use the free tools available online, but a professional approach to this would be a good idea. Is your website design attractive to look at? Can your customers navigate around the website easily? So, taking help from SEO and online marketing services is a brilliant idea, as you want to be doing optimization of your website and App every 3-4 months. This is very important to be trackable and appear in search engine searches by users organically and to rank high on the search engines, like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
- Website Content Optimization: Your website content is very important as this is where your audiences come to know more about you. Are you able to keep them interested in your website for a long time? Is the content of your website engaging enough and persuasive enough for visitors to buy your products and services? Your content must be SEO optimized as well, with keywords that bring your customers from the search engine to your page. So, research and choose a reputed SEO and digital marketing agency to get the best digital marketing services from them.
- Social Media Optimization: How many times have you checked your Facebook account or Tweets on Twitter today? Did you know that a Statista report of February 2021 states that, Global Population checking their social media accounts on their mobiles is 4.15 billion? So, you know how important it is for your business to stay active on social media. You want to build followers, you want to keep them engaged with interesting posts that are liked and shared, you want to build trust, generate leads and get sales. So, if you haven’t been social media savvy, then this is a great time to get started. Make sure your website is also easily connected to your social media accounts and vice versa. If your social media visitors like your posts, they would want to know more about you on your website, so get linking!!!
- Email Marketing Campaigns: Emails are still one of our favourite ways to have a professional, yet cordial conversation with our customers. Everyone has an email address, just make sure you have the right one!! Before your begin to send emails, you first need to segment your contacts according to interests, age or gender or location. If you have a product that is great for your customers living in the US, then segmenting them according to location is going to get you results. Go with an email marketing software or service that is providing you with Advanced email marketing tools like A/B testing, analytics to track and monitor your deliveries or bounce rate or open rate or click throughs etc. You must be also able to send bulk mails that get delivered in your recipient’s mailbox. All these can be easily found in a reputed Bulk mailing sending service.
- Press Releases: Ok this may sound very publication-like, but press releases are very important for a business, whether it is launching a new service or product or just back with a revamped website or participating in a conference or started to hire more employees or announcing their quarter yearly results. You want everyone to know about exciting things happening in your company and you are generating good karma which will come back too. It is a piece of positive news about your company which gives confidence to your customers about your brand or your company. It is also a good brand awareness strategy that you must take on board.
Best practices for digital marketing in 2021
Once your Digital marketing strategies are ready and you have started to see results, it is also very important to follow best practices to avoid complacency or errors. Some of the best practices are:
- Review every 3-4 weeks: Reviewing all your digital marketing efforts every 3-4 weeks to see where you stand. Analyse your results, are you on the right track? Did you manage to secure leads? Did your sales go up just a bit? If not, then you need to juggle up things. Check where you went wrong or what needs to change or what new tool or idea needs to be implemented. Brainstorming ideas is a good way to do damage control.
- Bring the experts: We know that you are on a tight budget, but did you know that you need to hire. If you hired an affordable, yet the best SEO and digital marketing company, like Alpha InfoLab, you are going to save a lot of money, manpower and resources to be used where you ought to, that is building your business.
- Build brand confidence: Your aim must be to build confidence in your brand. If you have achieved that, your customers will be retained and will also bring prospective customers to you. Keep your services of high-quality standard, avoid shortcuts (black hat tactics in digital marketing) to bring traffic to your website, when doing email marketing avoid buying contact email addresses and keep your head high, you have a good reputation going and you are earning goodwill. That just matters.
By following the right fundamentals of Digital Marketing you will be able to design a successful strategy that leads you to increased ROI. So, All the best and let us know in the comment box if you have any new strategies that worked for you. If you want to know more about Alpha InfoLab and what we do in the backdrop, just connect here.