To a layperson, the Internet is merely an Internet. But, as we gaze closely into it, we come to know that the existing IPv4 addresses are slowly running out. There is however the secondary market which is keeping it still alive. But, then there is an eventuality that at some point we all will have to go to the next solution of IP addresses i.e., IPv6.
But, when the experts designed the IPv6, they did not design it as an upgrade, they are incompatible. IPv4 address or an IP address uses numeric values separated by a decimal and is a 32-bit value. Whereas, the IPv6 address uses alphanumeric or hexadecimal values separated by a colon and is a 129-bit value. Lease IPv4 Address Space
WHAT IS THE RELEVANCE OF CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF BUSINESSES TO STAY COMPETITIVE?
So, ideally, if you would like to start using an IPv6 address because of its many advantages over IPv4, you will have to let go of your existing IPs, and then buy IPv6 addresses that require a new setup and infrastructure.
To make IPv4 and IPv6 coexist and the eventual transition from IPv4 to IPv6, there are three ways network administrators in organizations can efficiently use the internet:
- Dual-Stack: Dual-Stack allows IPv4 and IPv6 to run simultaneously. In this IPv4 communication uses IPv4 protocol stack and IPv6 communication uses IPv6 stack, depending on the type of requests to DNS (Domain Name System). IPv6 stack is prioritized over IPv4 stack. Here, the organization must have sufficient IPv4 and IPv6 addresses hence is not a long-term solution.
It is one of the most cost-effective methods and a popular method since it is easy to transition from IPv4 to IPv6, by simply discontinuing to use IPv4. Information is not lost in this method. It requires an upgrade in network and rebuilding which could be time-consuming. Buy IPv4 Address
- Tunnelling: In tunnelling, one type of protocol traffic is enclosed in another protocol packets to transmit. There are quite a few tunnelling techniques like 6to4 (IPv6 over IPv4 Tunnel), ISATAP (Intra Sita Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol), Teredo, 6PE (IPv6 Provider Edge), 6VPE (IPv6 VPN Provider Edge), and MPLS. Among these MPLS tunnelling has been successfully been deployed by Internet Service Providers in IPv4 networks to make the speeds fast. A Label Switching Path (LSP) is used to connect IPv4 with IPv6 networks. MPLS can be used in conjunction with other tunnelling methods like 6PE.
- Network Address Translation: Network Address Translation or NAT is where the devices IPv4 traffic packets into IPv6 traffic packets and vice versa. This is set up on the IPv4 Service Provider’s end.
Now that we know that internet users can still use IPv4 and IPv6 addresses together or simultaneously with the help of the above methods. But when you have made the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, what will you do with the unused IPv4 addresses?
You can use a reputed Exchange Platform for Ipv4 like IPv4.deals to do two things with your unused IPv4 addresses:
- Put the IP Addresses for sale: When you place the IPv4 addresses for sale, an official IPv4 Broker like Alpha InfoLab will step in to look for a company that is ready the buy IPv4 address on sale. The broker will negotiate a fair Market Price and follow all the guidelines laid down by the RIR’s to complete the sale.
- Lease or Rent IPv4 addresses: When you Lease IPv4 Address Space, you are capitalizing and making revenue from it.
Whether your business is looking to use both IPv4 and IPv6 or only use Ipv6, speak to Alpha InfoLab experts. If you are looking to buy or sell or lease IPv4s, then Ipv4.deals is the right exchange platform to bid for a fair market price.